Xylan coatings are the most versatile and dependable industrial fluoropolymer coatings on the market. Unlike traditional fluoropolymer coatings, Xylan coatings are composite materials. They combine lubricants with the lowest coefficients of friction with high temperature resistant organic polymers to form plastic alloys with unique properties. Xylan coatings are widely used to reduce friction, improve wear resistance, protect against corrosion and provide a non-stick surface.
Xylan coatings are used extensively in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aeronautics, commercial bakeware, food processing, electrical, garden tools, machinery, mold release, pharmaceutical, medical, offshore, petroleum, construction, chemical processing, reprographics, water, waste water, personal care items, industrial equipment, and housewares.
- Coefficient of friction as low as 0.02.
- Superior wear resistance even under extreme pressure.
- Excellent corrosion and chemical resistance against: water, salt water, acids, bases, solvents, and other fluids
- Remarkable weather resistance against: sunlight, salt water and road chemicals.
- Wide temperature operating range from -420°F to +550°F (-250°C to 285°C).
- Flexible curing schedule up to 750ºF (400ºC)
- Wide range of colors.
- Outstanding pliability: many Xylan coatings bend freely and repeatedly without breaking.
- Machineability: After applying multiple coats, some Xylan formulations can be machined to fit.
- Excellent adhesion to many materials, including metals, plastics, ceramics, wood, and itself.